Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Sum-Sum-Summertime!

Helloooo June and helloooo Summer!

Before I forget, I have to post some pics from Alise's awards day back in May {that sounds so long ago and I am ashamed that I haven't posted these pics for our family scrapblog before now.  Oh, well!  I'm officially on "summer time."}.

I was so proud of Alise this year!  We had a semi-rough start getting back in the groove of school last Fall, but she stuck with it and made all A's all year!  She won awards in science, social studies and math for highest GPA, as well as handwriting and perfect attendance awards.  Here she is with her favorite teacher, Mrs. R, and her closest friends on Awards Day.

Displaying 20140521_104124.jpg
Displaying 20140521_103939.jpg

As of last Monday, I officially have a nine year old!  One that I love so much!  Happy Birthday, Alise!
Displaying 20140526_180000.jpg
So now that summer is officially here, we're enjoying the laziness, the pool, and fun times of having friends over.  This past weekend, we invited some friends over for a big fish fry!  Wayne was ready to fry some fish!
 Displaying 20140531_180059.jpg
He eventually lost the chef's hat, but kept the apron!  We had so much fun and the food was wonderful!  My friend Donna made THE. BEST strawberry cheesecake in the world!!  Gosh, that thing was so good and I'm really not a cheesecake fan.  I tried a new recipe that I had seen on FB called Summertime Lemon Cake. Beh!  It was nothing to write home about.  The pictures always look better than the taste!

Baby Girl had some fun of her own!  After it got dark and the kids got out of the pool, they decided to have a pillow fight in my bedroom.  Alise hit the corner of her eye on our media center.  Needless to say, she will have a shiner for the rest of the week!
Displaying 20140601_090250.jpg

She tried oh-so hard not to cry!  After everyone left, she had a melt down and I honestly can't blame her!  She said, "Mama, I tried so hard not to cry in front of Will!"  Broke my heart!

2 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Yay for summer! Poor Alise :(

Maybe it is just my computer but the pictures didn't show up. There are just empty boxes.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Yay for summer! Poor Alise :(

Maybe it is just my computer but the pictures didn't show up. There are just empty boxes.