Monday, June 02, 2014

I Did It!

Finally!

Finally I got around to making Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls!!

The verdict: Why, oh why did I wait so long to make those bad boys??!!

Oh. My. Goodness!

Now, I won't lie to you!  They're alot of work.  Maybe I should take that back.  What I mean to say is that they're time consuming to make.  I started working on them at seven Saturday morning, and we didn't take the first bite until shortly after ten o'clock.  But that's what "from scratch" means sometimes: time required.

Were they worth it?

Let's just hope my family doesn't plan for me to start getting up EVERY Saturday morning to make cinnamon rolls!

The only "suggestion" Wayne had was that I needed to add more gooey-ness to the inside of the rolls {I thought they were already overflowing from gooey-ness!}.  I also did not add the maple flavored glaze.  I made my own with powdered sugar and milk.

I also now have a full understanding of why Ree suggests giving them away.  The recipe makes oh-so many! I halved the recipe and still had dough in my fridge for three days!

I posted a picture on IG, but I have since deleted it from my phone.

2 comments:

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I know I will never attempt making them, but would love someone to make them for me - they look so good!

Renee Miller said...

Yummy! They are the best! (They were especially good because I did NOT make them.) My friend had the recipe with them, but um - not going to happen.