Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After Christmas Hangover

Ok.  So maybe I lied.  Maybe I WON'T take a bloggy break after all.  Instead of dreaming of sugar plums dancing around in my head, I actually dreamed of blogging last night!  If you can believe that!

First things first.  How was your Christmas!?  I hope it was everything you wanted it to be and more!  We had a fabulous Christmas with my family at my parent's house.  My brother and SIL arrived late afternoon so Alise got to spend time with the cousins opening presents and playing with new toys and games.  I'll be posting more pictures from our Christmas day later, but I wanted to share this picture of my nephew, Baylor, holding a gift that was about three times his size!!  I think this one pictures sums up the joy of Christmas to me.

He is such a cutie and reminds me so much of my brother at that age.  White hair and all!!

I guess you're wondering why the title to this post.  Well, December 26th is such a downer for me.  Like my mother said yesterday, we do all this preparation and there is so much activity and excitement for one single day and then it's over.  The gifts are opened, the food has been eaten, the movies have been watched, the family has left and then it's just BLAH!  Over.  Gone. Good-bye.

Makes me sad.

Not to mention how my waist line feels after all the heavy duty eating and calorie splurging!  Ugh!

And then I have all the Christmas decorations hanging over my head.  Just admit it.  Putting the decorations UP is alot more fun than taking them DOWN.

Just call me BAH-HUMBUG today.

But here's the deal.  I have some ideas.

I noticed on several blogs that I read that some people save their Christmas cards every year and frame them from year to year.  Love, love, LOVE that idea!  Now I am on a mission!  I am on a mission to find some of our old cards so that I can frame them next year.  I just want to kick myself for not thinking of this sooner!  Dang it!  What I wouldn't give for some of our early cards when Alise was little.

ALSO...another idea from Pinterest!  This one has lighted garland on the headboard of the master bed {I can't find the picture now, or I'd show it to you}.  It looks a-mazing and I plan to do this next year!

I have lots and lots of ideas that I would like to try for next Christmas, but the problem is TIME!  Remember when I said that I wish I could just PAY someone to do all the wonderful ideas I have?  For me, I would have to start decorating for Christmas on November 1st and then for the next thirty days, feel guilty for not being thankful before I begin decorating. 

Sigh.

I did say "hangover," didn't I?

Oh, but here's what I'm gonna do!  I'm going to make a list of all the things that I need in order to make my ideas come to life.  I can start getting my craft on {or paying someone} earlier in the year and hopefully by the time it IS time to decorate, I'll be ready!

For instance.  This year, I bought wreaths and hung them on the back of my dining room chairs.  Here's the PINSPIRATION!

FREE CHRISTMAS PRINTABLES from @WHhostess (menu card, placecard, gift tag, straw flags and cupcake toppers)
Even though I used striped ribbon as well, my wreaths are artificial and of course, don't look as pretty as these.  They need some Christmas bling, so I plan to keep them easily accessible so that I can begin sprucing them up with my trusty hot glue gun possibly in the Fall.

I'm planning on taking our tree and decorations down this weekend.  Except for the card garland on the stairs.  I just don't quite have the heart to part with it just yet.  I think I'm getting ready for a new year, a new start, a new beginning.

Or maybe I'm just ready for my birthday month!

Ayeee!

2 comments:

Bama Girl in AZ said...

I'm the same way. Kinda just blah now. I'm also in a food-induced haze. I gotta snap out of it!

Kathryn said...

Can't wait to see more pics from your Christmas! I too feel kinda blah when everything's over but also I feel so ready to get all the Christmas clutter out and start fresh haha! Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!! ;)