Friday, December 27, 2013

It's Friday!!

Happy Friday, peeps!

Yesterday I heard a rather sad but yet amazing story and I want to share it with you.  Someone that I use to work with years ago fell on Monday and hit his head.  He ended up with an aneurysm and was declared brain dead.  On Christmas Eve, his family decided to stop the ventilator and donate his organs. Can you imagine the faces of nine families when they got the news on Christmas Eve that there was an organ available?!  I cried when I heard this. I cried for Jeff, but I also cried because of the wonderful gift he gave others.  It reminded me what Christmas is all about and the hope we have in Christ.  

As promised, here are a few pictures from Christmas.


On Christmas Eve, I made not one, but TWO trips to the grocery store.  The second trip was for food coloring so that Alise could make and decorate cookies for Santa. Oh the things we do for our kids!

Last picture before bed on Christmas Eve.  We have a tradition for Alise to open a gift on Christmas Eve {Well, this year, it was two presents, but that's another story...}.  Normally, the gift is Christmas pajamas.  I bought these cute pjs online from Khol's on Black Friday.  The older Alise gets, the harder it is to find cute Christmas pjs.

Christmas morning and Santa presents.  I think someone woke up early and went in the living room and "inspected" her gifts!


Ya think Baby Girl has got some static electricity going on in that hair?  Ha! One of her favorite gifts, the American Girl doll, Saige.  Her other favorite gift was the rainbow loom to make the rubber band bracelets all the kids are wearing now.  That's all I heard was "rainbow loom" before Christmas.  And just an FYI for you local peeps, on Sunday, January 5th, our Michael's store will be having a how-to class for making the bracelets.  The class is $5 and it's from 11-1pm.  I plan to take Alise.  She is DYING to go!

And here we are on Christmas morning about to leave to go to my parent's house for Christmas lunch.  If you just knew what I had to go through to get this picture!  Ha!  Mom made a great Christmas lunch!  We had ham and dressing, candied sweet potatoes, corn casserole, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, pecan pie, and banana pudding.  I made green bean casserole and a chocolate cake. I was stuffed!!  My brother and his family got to my parent's house later that afternoon and we opened presents and ate again.

We plan to have a very low key weekend.  Like I said yesterday, Baby Girl and I will be taking down Christmas things and boxing them back up.  Wayne and I have a dinner date on Saturday night with some friends that live in North Dakota and are here visiting for the holidays.  I plan to make a new soup recipe probably on Sunday afternoon.  I'll let you know next week how that goes!

2 comments:

Bama Girl in AZ said...

Fun recap and have a great weekend!

Mirya Mason said...

Merry Christmas Horton's! Love, love the pictures. Lot of static out there. LOL! I'm so glad that Alise got her AG. Katie loves her Saige. I'm hoping to get to take her to the AG hotel in Atlanta for her birthday. It may not be this year, but maybe next. My other momma friends recommend it. We've found out the My Life doll clothes and accessories from Walmart work very well with the AG dolls. Had trouble with Toys R Us "Journey" doll clothes and accessories. They just seem to be a little tougher to get on (like putting on Barbie clothes). You probably already know, but to keep Saige's hair nice - mix 1/2 fabric softener with 1/2 water in a spray bottle. Just dampen hair and fix. The website has different hair designs.

Waiting to see your soup review.

Happy New Year!!!